If you create an Asset Library to store videos, the video format must be in wmv or mp4 format to work in SharePoint 2013.
- The default threshold for files is 250MB. (you can change this within the web application, but performance may suffer with a large number of files)
- Android phones prompt for Silverlight installation to view the video.
- iPhones prompt for Silverlight installation to view the video.
- High quality videos
- HTML 5 makes viewing possible from any device or OS.
- Embed YouTube video using CEWP < Ribbon “Insert” < Video and Audio < Embed < enter the iFrame embed code from YouTube.
- Can also Embed in SitePage by choosing “Insert” < Embed Code
Problem: Want to add styling to a SharePoint page in a team site.
Solution: Add an HTML Form webpart and add the HTML, or add a Content Editor webpart and add HTML. Add a Script Editor webpart that holds the styling.
Problem: Test accounts, or secondary user accounts, show up on Directory Search pages.
- Login to Central Admin
- Manage Service Applications
- User Profile Service Application
- Manage User Profiles
Find the account you want to remove and delete.
After search crawls, the account will no longer show up in the Directory.
Problem: You add a webpart to a SharePoint Page of a list and you do not want to see the list column titles.
Solution: Add a script editor webpart to the page with the following css styling:
Problem: You have a SharePoint List. You want a view of the list that filters items based on a time not aligned with the 24-hour “Today” time period. For example, you want to see items created between 10:00am yesterday and 9:59am today.
- Create a new column in the list for “EndDate”
- Create a workflow
- set the time 10:00am for “Today” as the variable “Start Time”
- add 1 day to “Today” and set that day to the variable “Today Plus One”
- set the time 9:59am for the variable “Today Plus One” and assign to the variable “Todays End Date”
- Set the “EndDate” column created in step one to “Today’s End Date”
- Create a view that filters the data to only show items where “EndDate” is greater than Today.
- Edit the view in SPD to include Time: <Value Type=”DateTime” IncludeTimeValue=”True”>
The names of SharePoint crawled properties are not always easily read or understood. Here are few tips that helped me out a lot once I learned them:
- List Columns = ows_ColumnName
- Site Columns = ows_q_<4 letter code that maps to the data type>_Column Name
- Managed Metadata = ows_taxId_ColumnName
- HTML or Multiline Text = ows_r_<4 letter code that maps to the data type>_Column Name
Problem: You add a Search Results webpart to a page and using the query builder configure the results to retrieve and the format in which to sort or filter them. In the preview on the query builder the query appears to be returning the correct results, in the sorted format desired, but when you save and close the page the results are not sorting.
Solution: Create a Result Source on the site collection that has the same query. Then go to the page with the Search Results webpart and in the query builder choose the newly created Result Source where you “Select a query”. Save and close the page and the query should now return the expected results in the sorting format desired.