If you create an Asset Library to store videos, the video format must be in wmv or mp4 format to work in SharePoint 2013.
- The default threshold for files is 250MB. (you can change this within the web application, but performance may suffer with a large number of files)
- Android phones prompt for Silverlight installation to view the video.
- iPhones prompt for Silverlight installation to view the video.
- High quality videos
- HTML 5 makes viewing possible from any device or OS.
- Embed YouTube video using CEWP < Ribbon “Insert” < Video and Audio < Embed < enter the iFrame embed code from YouTube.
- Can also Embed in SitePage by choosing “Insert” < Embed Code